How to Stop ACH debit charges in HDFC bank?

I’ve been a loyal HDFC bank customer for the past 5 years, and today I noticed a deduction of Rs. 590 labeled as “ACH debit return charges” on my statement.

I’m a bit puzzled by this charge as I’ve never encountered it before.

Could someone please shed some light on this?

ACH debit return charges usually occur when there’s a bounced payment due to insufficient funds in your account. This could happen if you’ve set up auto-debit instructions using your netbanking or debit card.

Currently, only IDFC bank doesn’t charge for ACH debit returns, while all other banks, including HDFC, do have these charges.

Normally, regular account holders in HDFC are charged for ACH returns, unless you are an Imperia customer.

Oh ok, I missed transferring funds for my SIP.

Is there a way to get a refund of ACH Debit Return Charges from HDFC bank?

Based on your account type, you can get Rs. 1500 back for a Classic account and Rs. 3000 for a Preferred account. Imperia customers may receive more. However, if you don’t meet the criteria, it’s unlikely you’ll get a refund.

You can write to HDFC through the online banking inbox, and they usually reply within 2 days. A polite and well-structured case might help, but there’s no guarantee.

Ultimately, the decision depends on your relationship with the bank!

It is very bad thing imposed by Bank if we do;t have fund that’s why unable to pay . On above bank impose penalty which make situation more worse.