Get HDFC Add-on Credit Card with Different Number

Earlier, HDFC used to give the same card number to all extra cards attached to the main one.

But now, the bank has begun giving unique card numbers to each extra card. Plus, for online buys, the OTP will be sent to the mobile number of the extra card holder. This is a smart step by HDFC bank.

To get an extra card for family members who already have bank account with HDFC, just apply through Net banking using their customer ID.

I’ve checked it myself, got the card delivered today.

Note: The offers are for the account level, not for each individual card. Otherwise, everyone would get as many additional cards as possible, even the ones that come with a fee! :smile:

If you still want to get HDFC Addon Credit Card, here’s what you gotta do:

If the Add-on Cardholder already has a HDFC Bank Account:

1. Log in to your HDFC Netbanking.
  2. Click on Cards > Credit Cards > Transact > Request Add-on Credit Card.
  3. Choose the Credit Card for which you want the extra card.
  4. Enter your details like Name, Customer ID, Relationship with the main cardholder, Date of Birth, and Submit.
  5. Your HDFC Add-on Credit Card will come to your doorstep in 7 days.

If Addon Cardholder does not have an HDFC Bank Account:

1. Download the HDFC Addon Credit Card Application Form.
  2. Print it out and fill it in.
  3. Go to the nearest HDFC Bank branch with the required KYC documents and hand them over.
  4. Your HDFC ADD-on Credit Card will reach you in 7 days.
1 Like

Huge Update on HDFC bank :

• As of February 2nd, 2024, HDFC Bank has updated its policy on add-on cards.

• Add-on credit cards now come with different card numbers, unlike before when they shared the same numbers.

• HDFC add-on cards are now eligible for separate merchant discount offers.

• Applying for an add-on card is simple through the HDFC app or netbanking:

• Add on holder should mandatory have bank account in HDFC.

• Navigate to the cards section, then credit cards, and proceed to the “more actions” page.

• Select “apply add-on card” and enter the customer ID of the add-on holder, date of birth, and their relationship with the primary cardholder.

• The request is processed immediately, and the add-on card is typically delivered within 3-5 days. The OTP is sent to the primary card number only.

• Even existing add-on cards with the same number can be replaced with new ones bearing different numbers by following the above process.

• Self verified process , i already had infinia add on card with same card numbers for my parents. Gave the request and received different card numbers.

For those without an HDFC bank account, visit a branch and fill out an add-on card application form with self-attested ID proofs.

Those who don’t know what an add on is and how it works. Please go through the link - https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/resources/learning-centre/pay/what-is-add-on-credit-card-and-its-working

1 Like

i was looking for an addon credit card and this guide is helpful